Get a solid introduction to Drupal 7 in one day. Learn about the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands on activities. By the end of this day you will be familiar with Drupal terminology and be able to identify how many Drupal sites are constructed. You will know how to identify and choose modules to get the functionality you need. Because this class will be an overview and not an in-depth course, it is perfect for people who are on the fence about using Drupal or who are looking for a hands-on introduction.
Experience using and building websites using systems such as Wordpress, Joomla!, or good ‘ole handmade HTML and CSS. An understanding of a Content Management System is helpful.
- Understand Drupal terminology such as blocks, taxonomy, aliases, and more.
- Create and manage content and users.
- Add images and add automatic image resizing.
- Choose and configure the most popular Drupal modules.
- Be able to identify how Drupal sites are constructed and the modules used.
- Laptop computer
- Notepad and pen
- Drupal enthusiasm!
Morning coffee/continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
The training session will be held between 10AM to 5PM. If possible, try and arrive between 9:30 and 9:45, so that we can get any technical issues solved and start the session promptly.